Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Unsung music

Back in the day, before I knew anyone in New York, I went to concerts and movies by myself without a moment's hesitation. Now that I have eight year's of putting down roots' worth of friends here, I never go hear music on my own, ever, which makes me kind of lame. Anyhow, the point is that back in 1999 or 2000 I went and heard Elizabeth Elmore, whose band, Sarge had recently broken up. I bought their cd and for awhile it was part of my little personal soundtrack. I don't anyone else who knows them, but I have gotten hours of endless comfort of their poppy-punk girl rock.

I break it out every once and awhile and recent events have led me to a new appreciation of track 7.

1 comment:

starpower said...

What a fun, fab band! Thanks for posting it!
:)