Monday, January 16, 2006

Insomnia

Up late, not sleepy, so I am enormously happy that tomorrow is a holiday. I spent today in front of the television recovering from my own big birthday celebration at this fun LES joint. I'm now 33, which my mom pointed out is the age that Jesus was when he got into all that trouble. (My mom is pretty devout so that was a funny comment coming from her.) 33 is also palindromic and can be obtained by multiplying 3 X 11, which I think are two uncommonly lovely numbers. 33 is still safely in the range of the early 30's. 33 has a ring of womanhood, reaching your sexual peek, having your life together and in control. So far 33 has not been characterized by any of those conditions, but I'm filled with optimism.

Apropos of birthday parties and other recent events, I have this song in my head:

"I want to be the girl with the most cake/
He only loves those things because he loves to see them break/
I fake it so real I am beyond fake/
Someday, you will ache like I ache.

No comments: