Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back in Black

Everything is back up and running after the holidays. The sun is shining, the buses are running. My boss is back in the office. I trotted off to work in my new big black boots which seem to be working out pretty well. The effect of toughness and confidence conferred by big shiny boots was somewhat marred by the fact that my right sock kept working its way down under my heel and every half block or so I had to stop and wrench it out from the inside of my boot.

When the houseboy finally does my laundry, this will not such a problem.

On another front, this week was characterized by communications with two former entanglements that I had consigned to the past. One was only as good as could have been hoped for, and the other was completely unexpected email which made work somewhat difficult to focus on. These things often amount to nothing, but we will see what the new year brings.

No comments: