Thursday, January 05, 2006

First Cut

My new year's resolution was to keep up with my effort to learn salsa. Tonight I had told myself I was going to go to styling class, meaning what you are supposed to learn how to moved your arms and such. I've never gone to a class like this and I realized as the afternoon wore on that I didn't want to go because I was terrified. Then I made the mistake of going home after work and realized that I wasn't going anywhere. I tried to turn myself to other productive tasks, like laundry and cooking (and hell I'm blogging so that's a good use of time.) I am going to Salsa I and Intro. to Salsa II on Saturday, so I haven't completely failed in my endeavour. Now I am watching "Dancing with the Stars" which is really comforting, because some of these people can't dance either and they are all paired with professional dancers that make fun of them. Unfortunately, the music sucks. You have all these people doing tangos and cha cha's to North American pop music.

No comments: