Friday, May 20, 2005

Rich Text File

The problem with dating is the fact that it usually involved break-ups. And the thing about break-ups is that they continue to suck for months and months after the fact. So after weeks of circumspection and feeling better and knowing in your heart it is all for the best, you suddenly realize you are still raw and hurting and miss talking to the person more than you possibly could have imagined. And you really can't call them up and talk to them, and you know from experience that emailing is also something of an excercise in torture. Smart people would leave well enough alone and wait for the feeling to pass. But I am not a smart person. Living in modern times, I experimented with text messaging my ex last night. I probably shouldn't read too much into the eight word answer I got back, but it seemed to speak volumes about the degree to which he was moving on, and was preoccupied with new issues and problems, and not necessarily all that interested in hearing from me. I mean, it's natural for people to feel that way, but its still somewhat jarring. So the question is, is communicating with one's ex via one's blog also sort of a bad idea? Discuss.

2 comments:

HMT said...

what were those 8 words.

go read "The Alchemist"

Claudia said...

The eight words were, (it was seven actually): Yo tambien espero que tu estes bien.

Which translates into: I also hope that you are well.

Which is about as formal and removed as you can get.

As for The Alchemist, I've picked it up a couple times, and I couldn't see what the big deal was.