Saturday, May 28, 2005

Off the Hook

It's really beautiful outside. It's too beautiful, as in you must be outside or it means you are wasting your day. I made the perfect cup of coffee this morning and then I went for a forty minute run, and then a thirty minute walk and then did crunches and stretches in the grass. Forty minute runs are a big accomplishment for me because I am often not quite in good enough shape to keep going for that long, but also because my left foot sometimes starts radiating pain just below my toes on minute 25 or so. I've got a good pair of shoes, and my foot cooperated right up until the end of the run. But when I put some weight on it during a stretch, I couldn't do it. I'm now icing it, which always seems to help, but I think this means I can forego salsa class. It can wait until Monday.

I have blogged about it before, but Achtung Baby is a good workout album as well as a good post break-up meditation, and it treated me well this morning. I keep wondering when the post-break up period is going to come to an close. It might be that it will happen just the second I fall in love with someone else. Or it could be that even though I know we were ill-fated and very unlikely to be happy together, there was a special and unique connection between us unlike any other in the world and when that comes to an end it requires a respectable mourning period. (For him of course, he brought a clanging shut to the mourning perhaps four to six weeks after with the inauguration of a new relationship. I'm not bitter, exactly, just curious as how he could let go of the bittersweetness so quickly.) So the question for me is, what is the mourning period? How long does it last?

No comments: