Sunday, May 01, 2005

Another Sunday night at home

Today I went to church, which was good. It's hard to say that without kind of wincing, because I feel like it communicates this whole set of messages about the way I might think and what my priorities might be that are just incorrect. Saying, "today I went to church" rings of mom, dad, and the kids dressed in Sunday best shaking the pastors hand, singing hymns, reading the Bible and generally thinking about being the upstanding members of the community. And that's not what I'm about at all. But I won't belabor this point any longer. I did go to church. I had a hangover and I slipped out early to get to my salsa class, but I went, and I felt better for it.

What was really cool about today was the salsa class. Because nobody showed up. It was just me and the teacher, so I got to practice dancing with a partner for a full forty minutes. I made lots of mistakes and I have to give him credit for being tirelessly patient. I would get something right, and then get it wrong again a moment later, but I did get some things right, some of the time. And it was fun. It was really really fun, dancing around the studio.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I think salsa is hard, but some people take to it more easily than others.