Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Lunch-ie

Lunch today did not go the way I had planned. My first mistake was grocery shopping in Whole Foods last night. I felt like such a shameless yuppie filling my little basket with overpriced prepared foods. Then this morning I realized that I am about to go out of town tomorrow and that I have to eat all this overpriced food I just bought. That seemed easy enough since I have both lunch and dinner out of the house to plan for. I made a sandwich and a salad, but accidently dumped a tablespoon of sea salt onto the lettuce. The sandwich I made went to the homeless man on the corner, who I always try to turn down, but apparently cannot avoid giving food to. I just ate my salad and the little packaged quesadilla that I brought for dinner and the inside of my mouth feels like I went swimming in Atlantic Ocean.

I'm ending sentences left and right with prepositions. It's something I should really be ashamed for.

2 comments:

Kathryn Frances Walker said...

Hey there Claudia. This is Kathryn (walker). Hey. When you sent me that friendster thing I saw you had a blog and, mankind, I like this newyorquina. You're a great writer, man. (Hey, if you don't want me here, you just holler, I understand.) But hey, I love reading about the sea salt salad and the salsa dancing and the events planning meltdowns. And you called me when you were here a couple months ago and I think I was in Ithaca visiting my friends Sarah and Tammy and their new baby girl. But I would like to have a beer with you when you're here again. And.... oh yeah -- did you ever get the cd's I sent you back post-Christmas? I realized later I sent them to the only address I had for you and worried they might not have made it. Alright this is way too long and should probably be a dingdang e-mail but hey and if you care to drop by, I'm at http://frances1972.diaryland.com -- good night.

Claudia said...

Welcome Kathryn Walker! I would love nothing more than to have you here visiting my humble blog. [Kathryn Walker is a real writer.] For anyone else who is tuning in, I met Kathryn in front of the arts center in downtown Greensboro and we talked about Molly Ringwald on the Facts of Life. So that tells you how long ago it was.