Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Poco Tiempo

It seemed like I couldn´t manage to get to an internet cafe and now here I am with an uninterrupted half an hour and I can´t think of much to write about. This morning I needed to find post -its for an activity and walked through the neighborhood where we work, La Estacion. It´s named so because the old Cayambe railroad station, which is now a nursery school, is located. It´s full of boxy, low-slung houses some old, and some more modern. There are little tiendas with food, or liquor or paper supplies (where I found my post-its). There are roosters crowing and lots and lots of dogs. At noon its hot, and the sun is strong. I got back to our class room kind of worn out. Last Friday I made the mistake of sitting out in the sun during lunch and I for the rest of the afternoon, I was pretty much beat. They are not joking about the center of the world thing.

No comments: