Thursday, July 06, 2006

Nostalgia

One of the pains in the ass about living with a family that is not your own is that after a few weeks you start to pick up on the dyanamics that are not so easy or not so cool. One morning you find yourself sitting at breakfast in the middle of some situation or another where one person is being a perfect jerk to another person and it makes you long for the imperfections in your own family, rather that those of strangers.

Also, it hit me this morning. Like a ton of bricks. I miss New York City so much!!!

Here is a top-ten list of stuff I miss about my adopted home:

10. Brewed coffee on every street corner
9. The trash filled subway
8. Central Park
7. New York Pizza
6. Similary, the availability of every kind of cuisine know to man
5. The Y on 63rd St.
4. The way that light slants between the streets in Soho in the late afternoon
3. My friends
2. Gay bars
1. Salsa classes with Frankie Martinez (via Katie B.)

On a brighter note, I should mention that in the mornings when I wake up (much, much earlier than I normally do!) I look out the window at the head of my bed and I see the sunrise over a snow covered volcano. Right on.

1 comment:

jillypickle said...

and new york city misses you, claudia.