Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sam


I am going to be Samantha from Sex and the City for Halloween. That´s Tuesday and true to form I started looking for a costume today. I found a wig that I could rent reasonably ($12) and its closer to my actual hair color than to the bombshell blond I was going for but in the end that may look marginally less ridiculous. The wig certainly has thicker, bouncier locks than mine does when its long. Still I am afraid that instead of resembling Samantha I would resemble Claudia in a wig. The HBO homepage provides some advice:

Samantha's high-power lifestyle demands a wardrobe ready to make a statement at every occasion. For work, she gravitates towards body-accentuating suits in bold colors and at night she turns up the volume with racy ensembles that show off her bombshell figure and personality.

I found one skirt that might work, but the drapey yet elegant top I had in mind that would suddently transform me from slouchy Peace Corps volunteer into an elegant socialite was nowhere to be found. Another key thing seemed to be shoes, which for a size ten woman in Ecuador, is no small task. I dipped into savings to buy classic black pumps, rationalizing that a) they were good quality and I would wear them anytime I needed dress shoes for a very good while and b) they were 50% off so while they are high priced for a PCV, were I to find them in New York, they would be a steal.

If the whole thing isn´t too embarrasing, I will try to post some pictures.

1 comment:

jillypickle said...

you MUST post pics...