Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Stress Eating

I've finally scheduled the moving day, for next Tuesday. Renovation events have conspired to put off the time I was going to be able to move-in until dangerously close to the time I a) have a public speaking engagement and b) am leaving for Spain on vacation. So in the course of the same week, I am (hopefully) moving into the apartment, speaking in a panel presentation with three other people that are imminently more impressive than I, and leaving on an international trip. Any one these activities however exciting they might be, could easily reduce me to a bundle of nerves on its own.

So, I regret to admit, that with echoes of news reports about the stress alleviating properties of carbohydrates and chocolate ringing in my ears, I walked across the street and bought a gigantic Starbuck's dessert (the peanut butter chocolate bar) and a latte (skim). I think that counts as my points for dinner and breakfast tomorrow, but there you are, I did it anyway.

The thing is that I do feel better.

No comments: