Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Moved

The moving is done. I have finished. There are huge spots of grit and grime that I fear may have adhered to the not too dry polyurethane on my brand new floor from the trolleys that movers used, and I have about eight bottles of vinegar and syrup etc that don't fit into any of my cabinets. There is approximately four inches between the end of bed and the bookshelf I was hoping to keep in my bedroom, but it is done, anyhow. My back held out although I had warning twinges all day and now I am trying to be careful, which is difficult when you have big boxes of books in all parts of the apartment that don't have a home.

It's very exciting, and even in the chaos, the furniture and plants appear to work in the living room, it seems like it is going to be really nice. The first night in the apartment was definitely a little strange. I never fully fell asleep and I had those half dreams about applying layers of polyurethane, and angle at which I was holding the brush as I was putting it on. This morning though I was gratified to take out at least fifteen empty boxes to the trash, which means I have unpacked a substantial amount of them. Although there is lots more to do. I could definitely be a guinea pig on one of those learning channel shows about organizing and renovation.

No comments: