Thursday, November 09, 2006

Good news for people who love bad news

So, yeah. It´s an exciting day for most of us. The Democrats have the House and most likely the Senate, after a long time, there is the hope of some measure of accountability and balance of power in DC. I hope we wont just attribute this to luck or chance, but to races where candidates staked out a position distinct from the Republicans (excepting Connecticut, sigh. My Pop must be happy) and the people on the ground that made the phone calls, canvased the houses, and sold the hotdogs. I guess the Republicans helped a little too.

I walked around my office telling anyone who would listen that Rumseld had resigned and the Democrats have the Senate and the House. Now, I guess we have to see what happens now. Although Mark Schmitt counsels against holding them to unrealistic expectations here.

No comments: