Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Approval

So, I had the famed co-op board interview Monday night. It was just with two people and I had to smother a laugh because the chief interviewer reminded me so much of a John Goodman character. He sort of drew out his words and pontificated on the renovation guidelines and the restrictions on using the garden for parties. Also, there is an issue with the foundation. The building is built on a cliff and the end of the building that sits over the lower elevated land was built of fill. Like landfill, except not like trash, as he explained to me, but large rocks and boulders and sand. And perhaps some of the sand has been washed away. But they have been monitoring it. An engineer that will be working on one of the stadiums they are building down on the West Side has been looking into it and they feel confident that it hasn't moved any in the past year.
Other than the foundation, everything seemed like a go and they pretty much told me that they were going to approve me, so that was exciting. Now it's the nerve wracking business of waiting for a closing date.



No comments: