Thursday, August 09, 2007

Waiting

Yes, like he said, Pablo and I are drinking beer and he is learning to manage the magical technological interface of Blogger. And, as I said to him, whatever it is that he cannot tell me for four months will have most certainly changed fifteen thousand times before he actually gets around to telling me, so fine. No answers. Just cryptic comments and pleas to "please not ask any more questions." Fine. Provides suspense.

And now I realize we are exposing the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD to our old middle aged married couple dynamic. Hopefully it will be entertaining for those of you who can pick through the Spanish and English.

On another front, here´s the top 5 things about the visit of Robert McCluer Calhoon to Cuenca, Ecuador:

1) How he loved Lucinda Williams, Live at the Fillmore so much he wanted to listen to it twice in a row.

2) How he related to all my friends by speaking about me as if I was still 2, 5, 11, and 19, and it made them like me more

3) How he helped me plan a dinner party, soup to nuts, a relatively spectacular success. I didn´t really have soup or nuts. It´s an expression.

4) How everything was described in superlatives. The best examples of CaƱari and Incan archeology and 18th century architecture. The best Italian food. The richest coffee. The most interesting tea. The best banana bread. Etc.

5) That I got to dance with him at a party I took him to, and that he let me lead.


Thanks, Pop.

1 comment:

starpower said...

How great! What an endearing post! :) Miss you tons! (And no aletr ego for you--you're too fabulous the way you are!)