Monday, August 28, 2006

Madame Ambassador and Two Funny Boys in Tuxedos

It has been pointed out to me that I mentioned a ceremony connected with me becoming a Peace Corps volunteer, but that I did not elaborate upon it or verify that it happened. As it did in fact come to pass, a fine photo of our group and a little press release about us is available here (I am at the top but you can not really see me.) The white tuxedos and handle bars mustaches on the front did not make the write up, but I assure you it was very exciting.

3 comments:

jillypickle said...

I watched the Motocycle Diaries for the first time this past weekend, and for some odd reason your link reminds me of the scene where Che and his buddy put their picture in the local paper to be known around town. Go figure! :)

Anonymous said...

now i am just loving this! you are on a bloggin´ spree, lady.

that must have been some evening, huh? hee hee.

Claudia said...

That is a good idea Jill, I should definitely put my picture in the Cuenca paper. Then I can foment the revolution!