Sunday, August 27, 2006

Gringoland, Ecuador

I´m sitting the Mariscal in Quito looking out at the brightly colored bars and restaurants that make up the tourist district here. It´s raining here and I feel pleasantly ensconsed in Papaya.net with a comfy chair and a cup of brewed coffee, listening to Beyonce. This weekend was devoted to eating a ridiculous amount of food we can´t get in other places in Ecuador. Tapas, argentinean steak, pancakes, and mexican food figured prominently. I also hung out with Jordan, of Pigeontoes fame and went to the best gay clubI have ever been to. People were super friendly and I had like four new best friends at the end of the night. Tonight I head down to Cuenca with my colleagues. Next week looks to be pretty chill because my organization is closed for summer vacation, so I will have sometime to adjust and explore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so totally jealous that jordan got to hang out with you! and which gay club did you go to? was it blackout?

Claudia said...

Yep it was blackout! I went back the second night too and people were super friendly and nice. I definitely missed seeing you, but the three of us will def get together soon!