Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sad

I've been dealing with a death in my extended family and have found myself running out of emotional steam early in the evening the last couple nights. Last night found me reeling through Wellspring buying comfort groceries which I ate both on the subway and the couch. This morning I left the house in a totally deflated mood, musing about all sorts of bleak outlooks. But the spring morning and the walk to work were irrestible, and by the time I got to work I found myself in a marginally better mood.

Seen on the subway, a buxom young woman, who might have been Dominican or Puerto Rican, wearing a t-shirt that said:

"I ♥ skinny boys with glasses"

And since I flirted with a skinny boy with glasses that I saw on both the train and then again in home depot just the day before, I had to say I was right there with her.

1 comment:

jillypickle said...

Cheer up, Claudia! George misses you and anxiously awaits your return home, with love.

Also, I saw a young girl -- she must have been about 13, if that -- wearing a shirt that said "I heart men," although the n in men was x-ed out. I giggled. How terrific!