Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Big Love

I'm fighting an addiction to HBO's Big Love, just on principal, but so far my efforts to turn off the tv after the Soprano's have come to naught. Despite the fact that I find the premise both problematic and vaguely offensive, the acting is pretty good and the characters interesting enough that I can't quite withstand it. So it is interesting that this week I find myself in Salt Lake City for the third time in recent months, although I have yet to make a trip out here when there is time to do all the odd Mormon activities.

Salt Lake City is beautiful this week, though. Everything is in full-bloom and the mountains are an ever present backdrop. This morning there was a snow storm and the combination of mountain, snow, and flowering trees is stunning.

1 comment:

- said...

Sell your television. Get rid of your cable. Then read my blog repeatedly. That should cure you of Big Love.