Tuesday, December 20, 2005

No one here but me

Everyone else got to work from home because of the transit strike, but I hate to work at home, and can walk to work, so here I am. It's just me in the office. Just me and a carrot cake, homemade chocolate cookies, and some sort of homemade toffee candy. It's a dangerous proposition all around. I did partake, but had a salad, steamed broccoli and whole wheat pita bread for lunch, so I should have some leeway, I guess. I also went to dance classes or events, three days in a row over the weekend, wait, it was four if you count the party I was at on Friday, so that counts for something as well.

When its just you in the office you can blast Doris Day really loud without making anyone angry. Except yourself. That Doris. She troubles me.

2 comments:

starpower said...

Maybe Doris wants some of the cookies, too? If you share, it's like a moment, not an indulgence. But I guess if you share with someone who's not really there then it just means that you're crazy. Hmmm. Best just to undulge.

Claudia said...

Doris has been going in there every ten minutes and stuffing herself full of toffee treats. She really isn't keeping up her figure in her advanced age. I said, Take it easy Doris, but nooooo.

Stephen Merritt on the other hand, won't eat anything.