Thursday, December 22, 2005

More about sex in the city

So last week I had holiday blues and was cranky and melancholy and wanted to whole thing to be over. I went and saw Brokeback Mountain and Breakfast on Pluto, both of which are very sad movies. Neither one made me shed a tear.

Maybe its the transit strike and the fact that I am prevented from entering into the holiday fray, or maybe its the fact that I did a decent amount of physical activity over the weekend, but this week, the holiday gloom has lifted and I have founded myself to be moderately chipper . I'm facing the holidays with bemused resignation instead of dread.

All that notwithstanding, last night found me at home weeping, (weeping!) while watching Sex and the City reruns. It was the one where Aidan and Carrie break up, for the final time. Maybe it bore a passing resemblance to my last break up (now almost a year ago) or maybe they just made the process of walking out of the apartment of someone you love appear very real and believable. In any case, there I was on the couch, with spiked apple cider, wiping the hot tears from my face, and thanking god that no one was actually sitting there next to me to see my foolishness.

No comments: