Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Terrible Day

Of course it's not impressive that my last post about Katrina was only expressing selfish sadness about the impact that it had on my long weekend. It's terrible what it has wrought in New Orleans and Biloxi and I have ceased my flip comments about global warming and your tax dollars at work. In case anyone is monitoring what has been happening in New Orleans, there is interesting and grave commentary about Katrina's progress here and here (read through the comments, and ignore the dumb tangent on Malcolm Gladwell and the health care system in the US.)

Also, the news from Iraq seems to be exceptionally awful as well. I made one donation to the Red Cross, and am looking for good war relief effort organizations in Iraq.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, it's very sad