Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Smug

I have already been for my jog today. I worked out today. I rule!

Spring is (sort of) here and its a little bit easier to get moving in the morning. My apartment smelled like heated cat box this morning so getting out into the brisk fresh air was sort of welcome.

Last night I finished In Sheer Rage by Geoff Dyer which is a personal memoir about a man who is trying to write a book about D. H. Lawrence. One might think I would have trouble getting interested in such a book given that I know practically nothing (actually really nothing) about D.H. Lawrence. I remember a copy of Women in Love being in house when I was five. So I was surprised how much I liked this particular book. In great part, it has to do with the fact that he weaves some critical observations on D.H Lawrence in with some very funny writing about his travels to some of the places that Lawrence lived and some rueful, self-deprecating comments on his own life.

No comments: