Thursday, March 25, 2004

Yes, I know that I am lame. I need to set up a comments section, or post my email or something, so I can have some idea that there are people out there reading me every once in awhile. There are so many good blogs, and my silly little outrages and anxieties seem so very unimportant.

Anyhow, contact info, coming soon....

A few things happened to me, worth reporting on perhaps:

I accepted a counter offer on the teeny, teeny one-bedroom in Washington Heights. Folks, I am buying an apartment. I have secured a lawyer, and a mortgage broker. Records need to be faxed, liens need to be sought, contracts need to be drawn up. It is dizzying. Of course the real estate agent who was in such a hurry for me to bid, is now occupied with a other thousand things and appears to be in no rush. I figure, I will wait until the end of the week until I get anxious about the contract. (Note: it is Thursday.) In the meantime, in my mind, the little apartment is becoming my own in my head, and I spend lots of hours everyday wondering how crowded the bedroom will feel when I get my big queen size bedframe in there, and how light it is in the morning, and how bad exactly will the walls look when they take down all the shelving?

This week my political obession is with Richard Clarke and his revelations which I hope will tip the scales on Bush's public opinion. See Josh Marshall's Talking Points Memo for great updates and references.

I watched The Lost Cities of Iraq with Dan Cruikshank on Trio [POP! CULTURE! ARTS!] last night, reviewed here . The review does point out some of the more grating habits of the presenter, but it was still interesting to see Iraq pre-war. Now, I'm curious as to the state of those buildings now and will have to go investigate.

No comments: