Monday, January 01, 2007

Nothing Changes on New Year´s Day

New Year´s Day in Cuenca is stunning, clear skies, big fluffy clouds, the hills are blue, the trees are a sparkling green. All this notwithstanding, I woke up this morning and realized that in fourteen days I will turn 34. Getting older has never been what bothered me, but this year, wow. It sucks. Despite all of the lovely things about being here, the list of things I have accomplished is dangerously short. I´m going back to work tomorrow with a list of ambitious projects in hand and no particular idea about how to make any of them real, except for the ones that involve me showing up and sort of helping out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

feliz ano, young girl!! we're back now.

Anonymous said...

forgot to say nice title.

Claudia said...

Welcome back kids. Hope the states treated you well!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

SergtPeppa said...

Somehow, I suspect none of us will ever be as busy as we were in the States, which is definitely frustrating. Happy Birthday/New Year by the way!