Friday, December 28, 2007

A little bit of information super highway can be dangerous

I was in the CVS on Spring Garden St. getting some pictures of Peru printed for my Mother. The man at the counter was flipping through them and ventured a guess on where I had been.

Elderley Gentleman: "That high plain, where you were, what's that called?"

Me: "Machu Pichu?"

EG: "Yeah, that's the one, they found some whale bones up there, if you can believe it."

M: (Absently, feigning interest) "Wow, that's incredible"

EG: "It's only incredible if you believe in evolution."

M: (At this point he has my full attention.) "Oh yeah? It's from the flood?"

EG: "Yes it is. I have learned a lot about a lot of things since I got a computer."

M: (Disengaging, slowly...) "Well that's really interesting, thanks so much."

EG: "Have a blessed day."

2 comments:

jillypickle said...

it sounds pretty incredible, even if you don't believe in evolution. duh. happy 2008, c!

Charisse said...

wow, how can you not believe in that sort of thing?