Monday, February 21, 2005

President's Day Weekend

This was the first stay at home, putter around the house and clean and straighten things up weekend in awhile. I am taking care of a Andy, the fine canine that belongs to my friend Erik, so I used that as a justification to by new running shoes and gear. I can do little runs and walk Andy at the same time, I thought. That was great, Saturday and Sunday, but today it snowed. So no jogging. Just cooking. Lots and lots of cooking. Last week I made some sort of pasta and bean thing, Saturday Moroccan chicken for a friend who came up from Brooklyn for dinner, yesterday pesto to put in the freezer, and doctor the above pasta and bean thing, which really didn't turn out so well, and today cabbage borscht. Mainly because I have lots of cabbage.

The weekend is a bit melancholy, as I'm feeling the break up. Also, I am looking at a somewhat crazy week at work. In the big book, these are pretty run of the mill complaints. I'm feeling pretty insignificant these days, in the grant scheme of things.

One thing that makes for a little bit of prime drame is that the dog that is visiting and the cat who lives here don't tend to get along so well. The only reason they get along at all is because the cat is sometimes able to dominate the dog and is therefore relatively calm. I just had to turn around from my computer to break up a fight over the dog's food.

No comments: