Saturday, November 20, 2004

Rainy Day Blues

It's a rainy Saturday here in New York City and the staff of Newyorquina has repaired to her office to write a budget for her job and to blog occasionally. There is new and ominous violence in Baghdad, not to mention a special Saturday session of congress of which I am sure very little good will come, but I'll limit my fretting to something more mundane and self absorbed:

Claritin-D was for years my very good friend, keeping me breathing and generally more pleasant to be around on the day the dustmites and the ragweed were heavy in the air. Of late though, Claritin-D has not been treating me well. It gives me dry mouth and makes me feel that same sort of keyed-up distraction that one gets before coming down with a nasty flu. So I am sitting at my desk feeling kind of high. It's pretty irritating.

No comments: