Tuesday, April 20, 2004

I raised $190.00 for the American Diabetes Association. It's funny, I grew up in a household that discouraged such things on the grounds that people would feel inappropriately compelled to donate. I think one time some bright-eyed youngster put my Mom on the spot and she never recovered. Turns out, its kind of fun to raise money for something, even if it is a well-funded, non-controversial, mainline health consumer group. Someone in my family got diagnosed with diabetes this year, and has done really well since diagnosis. Which is good, because diabetes sucks. It's a horrible, horrible illness to have. So it seems like a good way to give back.

Plus, it gives me an excuse to get out and ride 30 miles, which apparently, I am not going to do on my own....

No comments: